ROES is the most widely used ordering software by professional labs and their customers for a number of reasons:
- No more re-sizing or re-rezing image files.
- Crop images, add text, add vignettes, order mounting, laminating, and texturing options, on an individual print-by-print basis, and all without leaving the ROES software.
- Build proof books fast: add all images to a multi-page proof book with a single drag-and-drop from any folder on your computer.
- Wedding album pages can be built on a wide variety of pre-exisiting templates or you can design your own.
- Order package work, and even create your own custom packages.
- Studio logo can be added to prints (set up of your logo required to make this feature available).
- Secure ordering. Your images and customer information (including any credit card information is packaged together in a encrypted digital file that is sent to our lab as you complete the order.
- ROES is provided to you free of charge. Licensing fees have been paid by MeridianPro.
ROES works on both Windows and Mac.
Windows® PC minimum suggested configuration:
- 2.4 GHz or better dual-core AMD or Intel processor
- 2 GB of system memory available
- 100 MB of disk space for the program, 1+ GB of disk space for product cache, and 5+ GB of disk space for order history
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, or 8.1 (64-bit preferred, XP not recommended)
- ROES Web Start is preferred, Oracle Java 7 or Java 8 (64-bit preferred) if using Java Web Start instead
- Internet connection with at least 1 Mbps upstream or DVD+/-RW drive if using alternate order delivery via mail
Macintosh® minimum hardware requirements:
- OSX 10.6.8 Snow Leopard or higher operating system.
- Intel Processor
- 2 GB of RAM.
- 5 GB of free hard drive space.
- Most current version of Java
Required: Java SE6 1.6.0_65 required. (Note Intel Mac required, sorry no PPC Macs.)
Recommended: Java 7 update 45 as of 08May2013).
- High speed internet connection required for uploading digital files to Meridian, or a DVD burner to write your orders and images to disk then ship it to the lab.
Learn how to use the new ROES
In this screencast we go over the basics of using the new version of the ROES software to order photographic prints. For professional photographers who order a lot of prints, we also give a few tips for faster easier ordering, in the last part of the video.(9:00 mins for the basics + 5:00 for several pro tips)
More troubleshooting assistance may be found at the SoftWorksSystems client FAQ page or at our own computer specific troubleshooting pages in the main navigation under Resources.
Additionally, you may call our customer support department during regular business hours or contact us by email.
Phone toll free: 800-544-1370
Monday—Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CST.